The Chatham Town Football club scholarship Programme are delighted to provide year 12, 13 and 14 students with the opportunity to combine a full-time football training programme, with a first class education.
Our programme aims to provide talented footballers the opportunity to combine a full-time football scheme at a semi-professional club, whilst studying their BTEC course.
The course is designed to further progress the development of young people, with some making strides towards first team football as well as excelling academically, finding pathways to universities and employment.
As a programme we are dedicated to ensuring the young people who join us are given every opportunity to succeed on the pitch and in the classroom, making them well-rounded individuals.
All players will receive the following:
- 6 hours of high-quality training per week, delivered by UEFA A licensed coaches.
- Goalkeeper-specific training.
- Work towards a specific syllabus designed to improve the player's technical and tactical understanding.
- Strength and conditioning sessions to help them prepare for adult football.
- Access to online match analysis tool ‘VEO’, allowing players to watch clips of their match day footage in order to evaluate performance on their smartphone or in team analysis sessions.
Players will have the opportunity to compete in a competitive weekly games programme,where they will have the opportunity to represent Chatham Town Football Club in various leagues and cup competitions, including the National Youth Alliance League, Tactic League, Isthmian U18, Suburban League & FA Youth Cup. The best players will have the opportunity to compete against other professional, semi-professional and scholarship sides as well as showcase fixtures against various development teams. Players will Be encouraged to play ‘The Chatham Town Way’ at all times, in order to develop skills in a competitive environment.
The BTEC Level 3 in Sport is a two-year course combining education, practical based activities and work experience.
This qualification is equivalent to two A Levels and is prevalent in most two-year study programmes. It allows you to specialise in the sports sector with the view to progress onto higher education. There will also be the opportunity to complete a number of coaching qualifications and work experience as part of our programme to make you more employable. The new specification covers a range of subjects that are current and will prepare you for the sports industry.
Units of Study Include:
- Developing Coaching Skills
- Applied Coaching Skills
- Practical Sports Application (Team and Individual Sports)
- Sport Development
- Anatomy and Physiology for Sport
- Careers in the Sport and Active Leisure Industry
- Health and Wellbeing in Sport
- Self-Employment in Sport and Physical Activity
Optional Units Include:
- Nutrition for Physical Performance
- Sporting Injuries
- Fitness Testing
- Fitness Training
- Influence of Technology in Sport and Physical Activity
Clear progression routes on completion:
- BSc degree in Sport
- Physical Education and Coaching Science
- Also supports progression into direct entry level roles such as physical activity leader or the fitness and leisure industry.
- Tuesday 21st December - 10:00-12:30
- Tuesday 22nd February - 10:00-12:30
- Thursday 24th February - 10:00-12:30
For more information or to register your interest please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org